Partridge Rock Thread

Pics
Just wanted to add a picture of my Partridge Rock roo, Cocka-doodle-do. He is so handsome. He crows all the time from 4am on, and hasn't really figured out his role entirely yet, but I'm sure he will with time.

86163_cockadoodledoo.jpg

Most of the flock outside, doing what they do. He is actually much bigger then the hens but you can't really tell in this picture.

86163_flock_doing_their_thing.jpg

What do you suppose the chicks would look like if I hatched some eggs that were Speckled Sussex/Partridge Rock cross?

Nice pics all. Sorry I have not post much. Have been busy with non chickens stuff. Anyway I have updated the chickens blog and added pics. Will add more tomorrow too. Babies are growing like crasy and most are keepers. I have six pullets that are going to a friend and they are one I need to get out of flock. Tails way to long and set to high. I have one with the light neck color, she is one of the 6. Luckily most have correct color on neck and not bad tail or tail set. All show real bright yellow legs which is good. I do not expect any of these to mature until after 25 weeks old. Which is good for they are not supose to be fast matures but slow. My first batch from the hatchery I had some lay at 18 to 20 weeks but I also had some lay much later. The later ones are the ones that have survived everything here and are moms to the chicks. I can really see the differance from hatchery to these I hatched.

I have a mystery chick, Shadow, from McMurray Hatchery and someone suggested in another forum that the chick is PR.
Here are some photos. What do you think?

A few days old
103203_dsc_2536.jpg

These photos are all at 5 weeks old

103203_dsc_3319.jpg

103203_dsc_3370.jpg

103203_dsc_3371.jpg

Quote:
I would think not a PR. As a chick, it would have lighter fluff with a completely dark top of head. Not completely dark all over. Guess that's the fun of a mystery chick. Finding out what it is!! He/she is cute no matter what.
big_smile.png

Hello, it's been a short time since I posted! My "chicks" are now 17 and 18 weeks old. The General is starting to look quite handsome, but he is so clumsy. Do they get more graceful, cause this guy literally steps on his own feet all the time. Also- when's he going to start crowing? and when on average did your PR girls start laying (in weeks)?

My first batch of chickies are getting so biiiig, and I'm so excited. I just want crows and eggs now!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I was wondering I have a 22 week old partridge rock she seems to very slow to mature very slow,,,barely a comb and slight waddles is this normal and what age is the first egg for this breed.

Quote:
My Roo who is in a post above ( #171), is 20 weeks old. He is very much an akward teenager. Very handsome, crows alot, does his thing alot, but other than that, eats firts, goes to bed first, doesn't look around for predators, kind of lets the ladies take care of themselves! I think he was about 14 weeks old when he started crowing. My one and only PR poullet is same age and hasn't started laying yet. Soon I hope!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom