Partridge Silkie Roo/What ya think??

Quote:
Mahogany, and make sure you don't have any gold dilution genes. Think of the colour of a blue laced red wyandotte--those are the colours one should strive for in blue partridge. (Actually all partridge look better with mahogany added in.)

I'm really not an idiot just new to Silkies. how do you know you have mahogany or gold dilution genes present?

Thank you sonoran - I really guess it was more of a curiosity then anything . I hear people talk about crossing to smooth for better color and really wanted to know how many generations of crossing it takes to get pure silkie again once you've achieved your goal -- I have a very wanting to know mind , I may never use the information. But for some reason I think I have to know
hmm.png
-- I was wondering where you were -- Hope all is well on your side of the planet ~ My mother is Phoenix visiting her sisters , she says the weather is better than here . I'm guessing she is enjoying the warmth ~~~~~Tammy

Quote:
Mahogany, and make sure you don't have any gold dilution genes. Think of the colour of a blue laced red wyandotte--those are the colours one should strive for in blue partridge. (Actually all partridge look better with mahogany added in.)

I'm really not an idiot just new to Silkies. how do you know you have mahogany or gold dilution genes present?

Mahogany deepens gold to deep red (think exhibition RIR colouring); gold dilution genes lighten red or gold.

They are nice but I would never pay $200. for something I cann't touch and see . I did that with eggs a couple times when I first started in silkies and I know a couple of friends that bought birds --- you never know whats in the package till you open it or it hatches . Just my thoughts ~~ Tammy

Colour & type look excellent.

Eggs are completely unpredictable--no knowing for absolute certainty that they are fertile, that shipping did not break air cell, that they will develop and hatch, or even what will hatch from them.

Back
Top Bottom