Partridge Silkie

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Bat Cave Silkies, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Available now is a bearded, 6 1/2mth old, Partridge cockerel. This young man has the full black chest and color as described in the ABA SOP. He is from Partridge parents; all of my Partridges breed true---no other color has ever been added in. He still needs to mature and will continue to change/improve in color and type. Full cushion, nice tight wings, short back (but long enough to breed naturally), 5 toes with good spacing, fully feathered toes. His crest would be fuller if he and the other batchelors would stop practicing their breeding technique on one another. He has been shown successfully.

Shipping is $60 which includes the cost of a new Horizon shipping box; I cover the bottom of the box with rubber shelf liner so that the bird may maintain it's footing. Watermelon is added for nutrition and hydration. Prior to shipping, he will be bathed and free of parasites; nails and beak trimmed as needed.

Payment is by PayPal only (unless prior arrangements have been made) and is due within 24 hrs of auctions end. He will be shipped on Monday, November 28th, weather permitting.

Bat Cave Silkies is an NPIP participant and AI certified; paperwork will be included with the shipment. All of our chicks receive the Mareks vaccine at hatch.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Wow very nice [​IMG]

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thank you Beth G.

Partridge is my favorite variety, and the one I've been working on the longest

4. Beth G.

Me too!! I finally have one nice boy and it was hard getting that dark bowling ball chest [​IMG] I finally have him and I fear if something happens I will be devastated!!! I'm just praying his babies take his genes. I love the boys and want more of them. I am tempted with this one but, I feel the DH will have a fit [​IMG] if I add another Parti boy after I just sold off 5 but, they just didn't give me the good feeling vibe [​IMG] Who knows maybe if I beg enough I can bid [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thank God, I have a wonderfully patient, indulgent & understanding husband....

Just as a general rule, I always keep a "spare" breeding cock on hand; I'm paranoid about losing one, then not having anything to breed with.

6. Beth G.

Oh I know I ususally always have two males for every pen. Saturday I had to put down my back up rooster b/c my dog got a little too grabby a few days before when the roo snuk out of his pen. My dog was only trying to catch him and bring him back to me but, I think my dog kinda got him a bit too hard or rough like and the rooster was struggling to breath properly. So, my DH put him down to be fair to the poor boy. I feel terrible but, I know in my heart it was the right thing to happen. Therefore seeing this ad is kinda giving me the need for this beautiful boy! I just need to convince the DH too [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] He would definitely make a nice addition to my girls for sure [​IMG]
    Quote:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  7. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    He is beautiful Sandy - I absolutely love his color - so striking. He certainly deserves a flock of his own:)

8. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Thank you Karen~~in more ways than one. Considering your wonderful Partridge line runs strong in mine, much of the credit goes to you [​IMG]

9. Bat Cave Silkies

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I received a request for more pics, as some of the original ones appeared fuzzy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SilkieMan

SilkieMan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Elkview
    This too is absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could take him. I was just amazed by pics, couldn't imagine in person!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by