Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Pics
Beth G. :

Oh, Very important question for you all.

I need help, I want my DH to build me a show box and if you all had a choice for backround color w a partridge silkie what backround color would that be? My husband said White and I do no think white does anything to help the color bust.

What do you all suggest?

Thanks!!
Beth
smile.png

I'm not quite sure I understand your question--are you wanting a box to carry your birds to shows, and want advice on what colour to paint is? Or are you wanting a box for photographing them, and want to know what colouring best showcases partridge birds?

If you look at a colour wheel, complementary colours are considered an aesthetically pleasing combination. If you consider partridge to be orangish, its complement is blue. The yellower the bird is, the more you would tend towards purple. The closer it is to red, the more you would tend towards green. Don't jsut consider hue, also consider tint/shade.​

Id like to thank Karen of Catdance Silkies for going thru the hassles of shipping eggs too because of her I have 3 beautiful partridge boys and a pullet and have another one growing....wish i could figure out how to post my pics....I also have a beautiful black cockerel has an amazing body , huge crest and small comb and he developed red leakage in his hackles but it appears he would be good to cross with my partridge girls to improve the color of the males so I guess a silver lining.....Pennie... Connie has the best blacks we have 2 girls and her big boy Shamus cant wait to get chicks from those....

Back
Top Bottom