Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

She's cute. I love their big looking feet.

I haven't actually bred silkies for almost 2 years. I'm paying for it now with fertility issues. Most of the eggs are duds. 1 growing out of 28. All chicks are precious at this point and I need a younger rooster. The 1 silkie that hatched 3 months ago is a female even though I was begging it to be a boy.

@Hinotori Amber Waves is always giving away free male chicks guaranteed DNA-sexed.too. Wish I still lived back on my folks old farm just to enjoy the crows of roosters again! Amber Waves says it's too hot to ship right now but they have DNA-sexed chicks year-round and could ship free males in the Spring. Shipping isn't free but the chicks would be free! They have all colors. They've always got new DNA babies year-round.

This is one porcupine feathered chick LOL! Nearly every free minute she's grooming her new tweenager fuzz!

Attachments

• DSCN8244.JPG
    DSCN8244.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN8247.JPG
    DSCN8247.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN8249.JPG
    DSCN8249.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN8254.JPG
    DSCN8254.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCN8260.JPG
    DSCN8260.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 4
Pics of my Mohawk porcupine girl -- 4-1/2 weeks today
DSCN8288.JPG
DSCN8292.JPG
DSCN8294.JPG
DSCN8296.JPG
DSCN8301.JPG

DSCN8287.JPG

She's Partridge & DNA-sexed according to AmberWaves but I've never seen a Partridge color like this. She's so smart -- chases, catches & eats crickets of all sizes, plops down at the drop of a hat to sleep, goes for rides w/ us in her little pet carrier, pecks at my keyboard keys while I type, eats organic non-GMO produce, chick crumbles, Greek yogurt, crushed raw sunflower seeds, and will steal vanilla ice cream from my spoon! It's been 3 years since my last chicks (Dominiques) but this chick is enormously smarter and I didn't think any breed was smarter than our outgoing friendly Dom chicks. Named her Amber after the breeding farm name.

I'll post pics as she grows.

I have a very dark partridge hen. I thought she had a black mutation for a while until she started getting more adult feathers around 12 weeks. In the shade she can look black. In the sun she's obviously partridge just dark.

@Hinotori She's GORGEOUS! Love the doting Shepherd too teehee!

I suppose our Amber is going to be a dark Partridge like your sweet girl although I really didn't want a dark color -- in our brutal SoCalif summer sun the beautiful black fluff turns rusty red.
DSCN6062.JPG
DSCN6063.JPG
DSCN6064.JPG

Color wasn't my primary focus -- TY for your dark Partridge photo -- our new baby girl is so darn smart and super super friendly even before we started socializing her and personality is always a winner w/ me..

Speckled wing feathers.
DSCN8337.JPG

Her Mohawk is twice bigger today than it was yesterday!
DSCN8351.JPG
DSCN8365.JPG
DSCN8366.JPG
DSCN8367.JPG

Back
Top Bottom