Partridge Silkies - Nothing else

Here is Snickers at 13 weeks.

Is she a partridge? she has chipmunk stripes on her back which are tan, however she is a blue main color. Picture makes her appear a little lighter on the blue. The wins now have tan specks while her whole body is fluff is turning pale blue

Is she a partridge? she has chipmunk stripes on her back which are tan, however she is a blue main color. Picture makes her appear a little lighter on the blue. The wins now have tan specks while her whole body is fluff is turning pale blue

Looks like a porcelain to me. Some of mine have some faint stripes as chicks. Great looking chick!

Last edited:

I have light, light partridge hatch from my birds. They are all blue partridge; initially I thought porcelain as well, but genetically I don't think that is possible. After getting her adult feathers in, it came to me - since breeding blue x blue can give you splash, that must be what it is. Splash partridge. Not sure if there is another name for it? Here are pics of her as a chick and an adult. She has since developed a few darker primary feathers that read more like partridge.

HI. I wanted to see if you think this little cutie will stay partridge or turn closer to black. How early can Silkies be sexed?

Back
Top Bottom