Pasadena California - help me get the setback restriction eased please!

Good job! I am from Glendora, so was raised close to you. No longer there, but your success is a great reflection on you and gives us hope more communities will become more chicken friendly.

I copied the web address and put in our town's name instead of Pasadena (naturally), and I could find NOTHING about how many chickens could be kept in town. We are a rural town, and all I can find out from word of mouth is the max is 3, no roos. 3, for a rural town seems pretty skimpy. I could find nothing in writing in the ordinance. Guess I could call the ag agent, but I'd like to see it in print.

The couple of people I know that have hens have more than 3, as I do
wink.png
. I figured the chicken police have better things to do, and my neighbors all love the eggs. Heh, recruited them BEFORE I got the girls.

Anyway, glad your hard work paid off! Congratulations!

Ironically, the smaller and poorer a town is - the more likely they are to disallow chickens. Maybe the city fathers think if they exclude animals their city will miraculously prosper and grow.

Out of the 100 largest cities in the US, 93 allow chickens.
There are 92 cities in St. Louis County. There are exceptions but as a rule, those that are the wealthiest either have no rules against or specifically allow and some even allow roosters - the poorest, most crime ridden cities disallow chickens.

Back
Top Bottom