Password

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by crazyhen, Jan 1, 2009.

1. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    Yuck!! I have forgotten my password. I need a new one. thank goodness I am still logged on here. I went on vacation for a week and could not write a thing. I had withdrawal.LOL. please pm me a new one then i can change it to what I want. Jean (crazyhen)

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Just go into your profile and click the "change password" link on the first page of your profile. You can change it there.

3. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    At first I thought you were talking about my favorite game - Password - I just recently found the old game on YouTube - gotta love it.

Then I saw you had a password issue. Here is an article that many people might find useful. It talks about how to make unique but memorable passwords for each application you use. Basically you make a "base password" and then you attach something relevent to the site to the beginning or end. So my base might be from the sentence I Love Chickens And Goats - I would translate it to - ilc&g then for BackYardChickensForum I would add ilc&gbycf

If I needed a password for Mother Earth News I would use the base and the new site so the password would become ilc&gmen. If a site does not accept characters I would just change the & to 7.

The article is clearly written and explains it more clearly....hope it helps - I slowly changed all of my passwords to this sort of format and I less frequently forget my password...

4. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    It ask for the old pass word in order to change it. Thus I cannot access it. Jean

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:You can:

1) Loggout and then go to login and there will be a tool to reset your password.

or

2) Email [email protected] backyardchickens.com (remove the space) from the account you used to signup and ask that your password get reset.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by