Pasteurization of Eggs...Thoughts?

Well good thing it wasn't Monsanto that came up with the process of pasteurizing in the shell.

Pasteurizing eggs in their shells is achieved through a patented process that involves treatment with ozone and reactive oxygen species under high and low pressures, followed by replacement with an inert gas, such as nitrogen. Did the FDA do 20 years of test on these eggs ? Who did they sellout to for approval.

Quote: I never said that my eggs wouldn't have germs. I didn't mean for my post to come across as offensive, I was just speaking my mind like the original poster asked us to do. What I meant was, that if chicken keepers raise their flock right, there would be no need to take precautionary measures such as pasteurizing eggs. I mean think about it: back during pioneer times, nobody changed anything, meaning nobody needed to pasteurize milk or eggs. The animals were healthy, and therefore did not carry the harmful germs that could hurt humans. They were raised organically, the way God intended.

I never said that my eggs wouldn't have germs. I didn't mean for my post to come across as offensive, I was just speaking my mind like the original poster asked us to do. What I meant was, that if chicken keepers raise their flock right, there would be no need to take precautionary measures such as pasteurizing eggs. I mean think about it: back during pioneer times, nobody changed anything, meaning nobody needed to pasteurize milk or eggs. The animals were healthy, and therefore did not carry the harmful germs that could hurt humans. They were raised organically, the way God intended.

Back in the good old days when there was lots of fresh air and organic everything, there were many diseases spread in raw milk. Tuberculosis, undulant fever, typhoid fever, and salmonella to name just a few. Remember the Hunchback of Notre Dame? One cause of hunchbacks was tuberculosis of the spine. And TB was commonly spread in milk. In pioneer times, just as now, most of the animals were healthy, but some were not. Good care would prevent many problems, but not all. Unless you test you have no idea whether your home grown poultry is infected with salmonella or not. I am not suggesting that anyone test if for no other reason it wouldn't tell you much. As for eggs, the only reason I can think of for buying pasteurized eggs is if you have a food establishment catering to the public and you are making dishes made with raw eggs such as certain sauces and salad dressings. To safeguard your health and the health of your family, the smartest thing to do is to always practice safe handling techniques when working with any food product.

I would never, ever eat an undercooked or raw store bought egg.

That said, I added a raw egg or two to my smoothies all the time, from my own hens. I also drank raw milk.

I can no longer do those things as I'm immune suppressed and it's jut not worth the risk at this time, so it's cooked eggs and honestly not much milk as I was pretty spoiled by the raw stuff.

Back
Top Bottom