Pasture Raised Broad Breasted WHITE Turkeys

I like the heritage varieties they have, and the White classic mini looks really awesome. Think I would do the Mini, I'll show it to my wife but no way she would go for it. They sell turkeys at 50 days? How odd, I only ever see them sold as day olds here.
Better try the broad-breasted white for production and the royal palm for heritage. Not their mini. Try to help biodiversity of extinct breeds.
I will buy from a trustworthy breeder near my house, who is agent of the hendrix company.
It is too sad our greek bronze can't be available out of Greece. It is a laying machine.

Better try the broad-breasted white for production and the royal palm for heritage. Not their mini. Try to help biodiversity of extinct breeds.
I will buy from a trustworthy breeder near my house, who is agent of the hendrix company.
It is too sad our greek bronze can't be available out of Greece. It is a laying machine.
Again there is only one breed of domestic turkey. So there is no extinct breed. As far as Royal Palms as a variety, they are in no danger of becoming extinct.

Because of the number of backyard turkey owners and breeders, there is no way that the associations that claim how rare certain varieties of turkeys are have any way of knowing the actual populations. The other thing is that those associations in the U.S. only track varieties that the APA recognizes. The APA only recognizes 8 varieties and there are many more varieties than those, many of which are rarer than any of the 8 recognized varieties.

Back
Top Bottom