Pasty butt? No feathers

Lashua01

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2024
IMG_20240320_121829106.jpg

so tractor supply gave us some chicks and my question I think some have pasty butt which I get keep an eye on it soak wipe and keep clean. But why no feathers on some of their butts idk if it's more serious than that.

Kinda looks like feathers have been pulled out from cleaning or just pulled to stop from poop sticking. Did you get them this way and age they look to be older?

Kinda looks like feathers have been pulled out from cleaning or just pulled to stop from poop sticking. Did you get them this way and age they look to be older?
I did get them this way like 2 hrs ago I got them set up and I have cleaned them up soaked them and wiped the poop off I'd say they are like 2 weeks we have a different set of chicks about a month so I'd say these chicks are a week to two weeks old.

Looks like they just stripped feathers so poop wouldn't stick and easy to clean. Or they just pulled poop with feathers off and that how they were cleaned.
Thanks I'll just keep watching that was my thought but wasn't to sure as this is our first year for chicks.

Back
Top Bottom