Apr 4, 2020
Hi :) So I have 6 baby chicks who hatched last week. They are doing really well except one little chick had pasty butt which I noticed on Friday and treated with warm water and a paper towel. The pasty butt is back again today so I treated it again today. She is the smallest of the chicks. The other five are doing really well with no sign of pasty butt.
I am a teacher and have hatched the chicks for a farmer and I am allowing the children in school to look at them. They are fairly settled in school as they just do their own thing and the children watch them in small groups. I am keeping them for another 2 weeks before giving them back to the farmer. Currently I am bringing the chicks in and out of school in my car daily and I'm concerned this is what's causing stress to the little one with pasty butt. Would I be better leaving them in school overnight? They would be there from about 4pm-8am on their own. Or should I continue to bring them in and out? I just want them to be as happy as they can be.

Id let them stay at school, it may cause less stress. Moving them in and out may be whats causing it but i honestly dont know. Make sure your very gently when treating pasty butt, or else it could be a cicle of the stress curing it also causing it. Ps: make sure they arent stressed out if the younger kids hold them

Id let them stay at school, it may cause less stress. Moving them in and out may be whats causing it but i honestly dont know. Make sure your very gently when treating pasty butt, or else it could be a cicle of the stress curing it also causing it. Ps: make sure they arent stressed out if the younger kids hold them
Thanks so much. I left them in school today so I will check on them tomorrow. The little one with the pasty butt seemed ok today so I'll keep a watch on her

Back
Top Bottom