PASTY BUTTS.. Need help for dosage of tetracycline...

:s

I hope it's not something serious...
If their butts keep getting goopy, maybe trimming the feathers would be a good step.
I'm sorry you've lost some....that's never any fun...ever.

If they have pasty butts and you don't clean them up they will die!! They can't poop. I would just clean their butts off and do it daily if need be. Give them medicated starter and you could put some vitamins or sugar in their water but otherwise I would just keep an eye on them. I would do antibiotics unless you know they are sick for sure but it won't do anything for pasty butt.

Quote:
No it doesn't say duramiacin. Is says Polyotic Tetracycline Hydrochloride soluble powder antibiotic.....

but directions on back says dosage for calves & swine..

Please tell me I didn't get the wrong one??????????????

I agree with Dawg53 about trimming fluff.

Is this it?
http://www.drugs.com/vet/polyotic-soluble-powder.html
It doesn't look like it has been recommended for chickens, honestly, from the looks of it.

I would try to find a chicken-packaged antibiotic at the feed store if you need to give them antibiotics. They should be in the poultry section of the feed store.

Here on BYC you do sometimes see medications used "off label" but I am not familiar with this particular one, sorry.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Quote:
they stand anywhere. but droopy, head down, wings kinda limp... looks almost like they are sleeping standing up..

That sounds more like cocci to me.
Have you seen any bloody poo in the brooder before the other's passed?

Quote:
No it doesn't say duramiacin. Is says Polyotic Tetracycline Hydrochloride soluble powder antibiotic.....

but directions on back says dosage for calves & swine..

Please tell me I didn't get the wrong one??????????????

I agree with Dawg53 about trimming fluff.

Is this it?
http://www.drugs.com/vet/polyotic-soluble-powder.html
It doesn't look like it has been recommended for chickens, honestly, from the looks of it.

I would try to find a chicken-packaged antibiotic at the feed store if you need to give them antibiotics. They should be in the poultry section of the feed store.

Here on BYC you do sometimes see medications used "off label" but I am not familiar with this particular one, sorry.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

ya thats exactly what it is... what should I have gotten then?

Quote:
they stand anywhere. but droopy, head down, wings kinda limp... looks almost like they are sleeping standing up..

That sounds more like cocci to me.
Have you seen any bloody poo in the brooder before the other's passed?

I don't think soo.. it looks kinda normal to me.. its a fresh brooder..

Back
Top Bottom