Patriotic Millionaires

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinyChickenLady, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

2. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I am not quite sure if I understand the reasoning behind these people. If you are rich and feel that you have extra money to spend, why not adopt families in need and give them the money directly rather than having it go through the government that already has proven to be unable to handle money in a responsible manner? Whenever I have some extra cash I either give it to an animal rescue I know personally, or to a family I know that adopted 3 kids out of a bad situation and their dad just lost his job. [​IMG] If I were a millionaire I'd be doing that all day. Can't spend all the money on myself anyways, why not share the goodness?

3. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    The IRS has a mechanism in place to accept money from people who want to pay more income taxes.
    If they are so eager to pay more then they should do so. Nothing patriotic about it.

4. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I think it's nice what they're doing. There will always be better places to put money but they want to do it legally so that instead of the middle class being overtaxed, they are offering to take our place. I don't completely understand all the logistics of it but if they're going to do it the Warren Buffett way then I'll be on the sidelines cheering them on [​IMG]

5. ChikeeMomma

ChikeeMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Mid Michigan
    Quote:x2! My aunt has led a very successful life. She helps out others like you wouldn't believe. I think she's quite amazing in her giving!

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    They aren't being patriotic. They are hoping that Congress will punish their contemporaries for them

If they wanted to pay taxes, they could easily give more in tax money, or donate to charities. No. What they want is for Congress to tax their "friends".

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    No need for higher taxes. They can just donate it.

8. Kickin.Cowgirl

Kickin.Cowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2011
    Great link TinyChickenLady I think it shows great character for them to be pointing out that the richer than' average' and the corporations should be taxed more... maybe then they can actually *fix* something in DC rather than running around everything.

They are hoping that Congress will punish their contemporaries for them

I don't get that at all from their actions...​

9. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    technically the rich already pay more in taxes sense it goes by %. I don't think they should. You have more so you should be punished is a terrible concept.

10. Q9

Q9 General Headache

How the heck is that patriotic? It's just ridiculously, unbelievably stupid.

Really. I don't grasp how anyone could believe that taxing the rich EVEN MORE is a good idea, when that money would invariably go to job creation and economic in some form or another. When it's taxed, a tiny percentage is spent on legitimate government endeavors, and the rest is wasted on pork, bailouts, subsidies, miscellaneous unconstitutional projects, and killing Arabs.

Remember - EVERY DOLLAR TAXED is a dollar that is LOST FROM THE PRIVATE SECTOR. The government is, literally, incapable of creating actual job growth, because at minimum, every Federal job created is a private job lost, and it's usually SEVERAL private jobs lost when waste and bureaucratic incompetence are factored in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by