Patriotic Millionaires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Sure do. Thank you for allowing me to life here
hugs.gif

I also appreciate all that I'm given and personally don't see the point in dwelling on things I don't have.
I understand that a lot of you don't seem to like the government, and that's your right to not like what runs our country but you need to remember it is our country and we should either take pride in it or get out of it. Buy a passport and go find a country that you'll appreciate more than this one. See ya in a week!

Oh and P.S.
Really. I don't grasp how anyone could believe that taxing the rich EVEN MORE is a good idea, when that money would invariably go to job creation and economic in some form or another.

What's wrong with job creation exactly? Seems to me that it's exactly what we need around here.

I honestly can't believe how UNpatriotic some people can be
sad.png
It's sad and makes me somewhat ashamed that these are the kinds of people that I share a country with. Have some pride folks. Even if you can't agree with everything, can't you at lease agree that we live in a fair and free country? Where else can you find that?

Dear Mods, feel free to close this thread whenever you feel the need. Obviously it's not showing the point I tried to make but instead got turned into a political rant, which I didn't intend to do. Sorry folks.​

What did you expect, when you posted about some guy saying he wanted to be taxed more? A love fest?

So you agree that it's fair and free. The system is working perfectly, as it is. Why mess with it?

Of course, I don't think it's fair. When some woman intentionally has as many children as possible, by any number of men, just so that she can get a stipend from the government, for each kid, without ever contibuting anything back into society, how is that fair? What happened to "Giving back" for that woman?

Government does not create jobs. They create paid positions. Most, of which, could be eliminated tomorrow, and noone would be affected, except the person drawing the paycheck.

The government had recently dumped billions of dollars into the economy, trying to stimulate or create jobs, and that money has simply disappeared. Where did it go? Into a cabal of rich, backslapping friends and associates of the people in charge of pretending to get this economy rolling.

There exists statistics for the efficiency of charities, where you can find out how much of your actual dollar went to the desired end of that charity. How much of the road tax paid for fuel do you really think gets put back into building transportation systems or road maintainance? I could go on and on about the interconnecting government agencies and bureaucracies, who's only purpose is to make the actual accomplishment of projects difficult and to siphon off as much of the money as possible, in the name of feasability studies or environmental protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom