Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop, PIC'S on page 2 & 4

MamaChic21

Songster
9 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Jackson, NJ
I got this pawhut deluxe chicken coop from ebay brand new for $177.50 including free shipping. I put it together just now and only took me abour 45 minutes.
This coop is for my White Beauty and her 5 week old chic. Later this will be used for other reasons. I only have to make a run and put some wheels on it to make it portable
big_smile.png
, that's tomorrows project and I will definately put some pic up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B003BADXBO/ref=dp_otherviews_5?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&img=5

Last edited:
I've been looking at these on ebay. How is the quality? I'm concerned it will only last a year or through 1 winter (I'm in PA). I have one on my watch list I was going to make an offer on. PM me your sellers ID so I can see if I'm looking at the same seller, please?

I think I will only have 2 to 4 chickens in it.

Thanks!!!!!

I would definately recommend it. It looks very nice, functional, it's light weight but not too light like for the wind to flip it over. The intruction is only 1 page and has bunch of numbers and few pictures. It was fairly easy to assemble but you need to be a bit experience. It all comes in pre-drilled, just have to screw it. I was searching high and low to get a great price for a-frame 3x4 but it was too expensive. The least expensive I found was $1,000 including the run & wheels. With this, I paid $177.50 and I got 2 different set of wheels from Harbor freight, 1 is $14.99 each the other is $6.99. I have to see tomorrow which wheel will work. I was thinking of making it like a wheelbarrow. Overall, I am very happy and pleased about getting it. I guess depending on how you use it, meaning maintaining it regularly and where you put it has to do with how long the coop will last.

*I will make the run with 2x2 or 2x4 that I got just in case I come up with a new project
wink.png
and I already have hardware wire. I think the wheels will be a greater challenge
hu.gif

what kind of wood is used? I don't see that well but it appears to be cedar. I always thought cedar fumes were toxic to chickens. If it isn't cedar - nevermind!!

Let me see if I can go to the garage with my pj's and get a pic and post it. But hopefully when and/or if I'm done with the run, I will post it. I am really excited about this coop
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom