Pawhut Deluxe Chicken Coop, PIC'S on page 2 & 4

I need a new chicken coop for my project barnevelders
big_smile.png
I currently have eight little chicks I figure once I get rid of extra roos and the ones I dont really like type wise, I should have four or five left.

Do you have a picture of a person or something next to it to show about how big it is ?

Something has to be wrong about this. Too good to be true comes to mind. Coops around Seattle go for $500 on UP! My brother was just saying today that if he found a similar coop the one we're designing for $250, he'd jump at it. This isn't similar, but I had to send him the link. We expect to pay $200 in materials for ours.

Everybody is asleep, so I put garden chair next to it so you guys can see the size. I don't know how else to download the pictures larger, but if click on the pic, it will be some what larger.

Last edited:
I just put one of these together, with a six foot, low pen/run for it. I'm using it as a grow-out coop for chicks, segregating them from the rest of the flock while everybody gets used to each other through the pen.

It's not cedar. Don't know what it is, but it isn't cedar. I have purchased about five coop kits as grow out coops over the past year and they are really good for that purpose. Sometimes the chicks end up using their grow-out coop as permanent quarters, sometimes they decided they want to lodge with other chickens (and the others let them join 'em). There's a certain amount of coop hopping going on at various times.

I have too many young birds in this one for permanent quarters for them all, but I'm having a BIG coop built really soon. I imagine a couple of the chickens will decided to stay in the coop kit and the others will make friends with other coop residents or move into the new coop when it's done.

From what I've read the wood may be Fir. My current "kit coop" is made of lightweight wood which I'd assume this is too.

The chair in the photos does give one some perspective on its size. I've made an offer on one in the store, got my fingers crossed it will be accepted or countered
smile.png

Thanks for the pics!

Just looking at the pics again and where are the vents? For 5 birds you need 5 SF so I've heard. That doesn't have 5 SF of space to make vents. Those with one of these, how is that issue resolved?

Quote:
I took total of 8 pic's but the download was slow so I didn't put all of it. There is 1 vent at the back and 1 small round whole at the front and the bottom nest box, the pallet woods are seperated a little bit. The left side of the coop can be opened up to for cleaning or other purposes. 5 bantams maybe or lots of baby chics but I do think 5 big birds would be cramped in there. I'll be using this for mother hen and her baby chic (7 wks old). Then I'll probably use it for baby chics (chicken math
wink.png
) or for breeding.

*sorry for the misunderstanding, should of been "I do think, not I don't think" opps
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom