Paypal and credit cards for payment for eggs?

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum. If not I'm sorry.

I'm new to selling eggs and not sure what to do about paypal and credit card purchases. If you accept more than 5 a year you have to sign up for their premier account. But that account than charges you for instant transfers along with the credit cards.

So how do you guys handle this?

I have seen on another forum where someone had 2 different accounts. If you used credit cards you sent it to one account and added fees and if you didn't use credit cards it went to a different account.

Tell me how to handle this.

Thanks

You can always tell people not to pay with credit card. It can be taken directly from their bank account without the credit card issue and you don't have that ridiculous wait like you do with an e-check.
smile.png

It is the cost of doing business. You cannot charge extra for accepting PayPal credit card payments. If you are reported they will freeze your account and all moneys in the account. The free account is often a big head ache. The fees are something you need to absorb for the ease of payment and it is a service you are providing your customers. Many people will not buy if there is an extra charge for a payment. Also you need to know if you accept credit card payments. You will be charged for all payments that come in, even if they are non credit cards. I know it sucks but we have no other option to use. PayPal is fast convent but does come with a charge. Money order and checks take a lot of extra time. That isn't a good thing when dealing with time sensitive eggs

I take Postal money orders and I will not collect eggs till money order arrives. I make it very clear to the buyer this is what I do. I do not like pay pal will not deal with pay pal.

Paypal is worth it. Just figure the costs in when you set the price. Even if they pay by check/Money order, figure that you are taking a risk of a bad check or fake M.O.. I persoanlly would rather pay the few percent than deal with a bad check.

I like it. It does cost a percentage but then again it is instant and I don't have to drive to town to deposit or cash anything. I can transfer it directly to my checking account. With the price of gas I figure that is worth the charge on them handling the money transactions. Also it doesn't cost me to use paypal to send to someone else and as said it is quick.

Shipping eggs and even birds can be a time sensitive matter. I will gladly pay for the convenience of Paypal on my part when I am a seller. And in the same token when I am a buyer, I will gladly only use a available funds or my checking account when purchasing if that's what a seller requires (as well as money order if need be). I figure three percent isn't going to make or break me either way so I suck it up.

~ Nikki

It's a part of doing business, just calculate it into your costs.

I won't buy from someone who I have to mail a money order too. That would require me to go out of my way to go get one and may take me up to 2 weeks to do. It's a hassle for me. As a seller I feel it's my job to make the transaction as easy as possible.

If someone wants to BUY something from me and THEY want to pay with money order, that's not a problem. But I don't like being forced to do it.

Has anyone tried googlecheckout?? It goes right into your checking account.. I think there is a fee but not as high as paypal

Back
Top Bottom