PAYPAL WARNING!!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
I got this email from my old, college roommate...

I belong to a close-knit barrel racing chat room and several of the users (like a dozen or so) have had their PayPal accounts hacked into over the past 2-3 days and are watching the money in their bank accounts dwindle before their eyes. Their banks claim they can't do anything, although PayPal is assuring them they'll get their money back. To be safe, I closed my account and wanted to send this info. along to warn any other PayPal users.

Amanda Lea Johnson
Williston, ND
www.AleaPhotography.com

While I have not closed my own account, I'm keeping an EAGLE EYE on it right now!

I just read or heard somewhere this week that Identify theft is at an all time high, and getting worse every day. This person said cold hard cash might be the best way to go, because nothing is escape proof. How sad. This whole country is making me sad.

Quote:
Yep, its bad and only gonna get worse. Honestly I only see crime schemes increasing as more and more folks become financially ruined. I guess their idea is "what the heck." So sad...

That also happened to me a few months ago and while i was affraid and ticked off but paypal did give me all my money back. However my bank did wind up charging me two fees that i didn't recover. At least my bank is decent and didn't try to screw me.

Quote:
It doesn't make sense how they are "watching their bank accounts dwindle before their eyes"???? The charges will be stopped IMMEDIATELY in cases such as this. We had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. It was one big charge that wiped out the bank account. We had the money back within a week.

Back
Top Bottom