Pea hen to hatch any day>>

kmsek

Songster
8 Years
Feb 3, 2011
N Fla
My dark pied is due any day she is sitting on 5 eggs her mate is a bs india blue (just started losing his train today) they are in a some what large aviary can he stay in there with the baby peas???( I have never hatched peas naturally ).....

As long as the he and his hen have been together i believe they would be fine, my older males never mess with the babies, the juveniles will pester them but when the mom is around she would put a stop to that, just keep an eye on them but i would say they would be fine.

All my birds free range and so mabe someone has a different outcome in a pen.

OOPS
hide.gif

Congratulations and please post some pea family photos.

Hey
I'm new to the peacock world, well about 1 year! I started out w a India blue (Mr. Peabody and mrs. Peabody) I now am raising 4 babies that the mother left weeks back! What an honor, they are teaching our family so much with their patience, grace, and beauty and their presence has changed our life for the better! I read and learn everyday from your post and can't wait to learn more!

They love taking their naps on the warm concrete!

I have been pondering this question as well. I have a broody peahen setting on seven eggs in the IB pen, about seven yearlings, two mature hens and one mature cock. I was planning on taking the chicks when they hatch for safety but was curious if others have had problems leaving the chicks in the mating pens.

Back
Top Bottom