Peachick severly hurt

Many years ago when we had about 12 or so young silkies some rats took up housing underneath the house they were living in. The silkies started disappearing without a trace. Come to find out the rats were pulling the birds down their rat holes.

Quote:
Glad to hear that your peachick is doing better. As far as for the rats, you may want to build a rat bait station out of pvc that way your other animals wont be able to get to the bait and then use the bait blocks in them. I have added a pic of one so you can see what im talking about. They are really easy to build and cheap since its just pvc. We use these in the tyson chicken houses and the chickens cant get to the bait.

ratbaitstation.jpg

I'll show hubby the rat bait holders. That would solve a lot of our issues! Thank you.

"jasmine" is doing very well. She has learne that peeping gets her attention, and also rushes the carrier to try and come out. She enjoys her time outside the carrier and exploring the house. She is also trying to use her wing which i think is a good sign. She cannot yet fly, but is getting an inch off the ground. She desperately wants to perch. Here is hoping she keeps fighting.

When it's time for her to go outside, I think I'll miss having her in the house. I've already come to enjoy her!

Back
Top Bottom