Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Very cute!!
clap.gif

First to post an egg and last to post a chick, oh well.

"Hey, did you see the fluff on those chicks in the next brooder?"

@KsKingBee , how do you figure you're last? @DylansMom just started getting eggs, and if @Birdrain92 & @barkerg put up chick photos, I missed it. (Though that is always a strong possibility, since I'm not paying as much attention as I should...) I remember Birdrain had puppies (well, he had puppy pix), and Gerald had perch bombs and some eggs going under broody hens... did I miss chick pix? @zazouse might have chicks by now, but I can't remember seeing photos here yet for new ones. So as nearly as I can remember (which frankly isn't that great lately
old.gif
) you are still in the early crowd, lol. @Argus had that love chick, and Kathy's up to 3 (or maybe 4?) so far.

Because you folks are all too smart to have dang heat lamps in your pea sheds
lau.gif
Honestly, I have GOT to find a better way (or at least a DARKER way) to heat the place... There's way too many chicks in the garage
he.gif
and we are still getting bouts of nasty weather. I need to make sure this happens later next year so there's not 3 months of peachicks in the house
hide.gif

Last edited:
@KsKingBee , how do you figure you're last? @DylansMom just started getting eggs, and if @Birdrain92 & @barkerg put up chick photos, I missed it. (Though that is always a strong possibility, since I'm not paying as much attention as I should...) I remember Birdrain had puppies (well, he had puppy pix), and Gerald had perch bombs and some eggs going under broody hens... did I miss chick pix? @zazouse might have chicks by now, but I can't remember seeing photos here yet for new ones. So as nearly as I can remember (which frankly isn't that great lately
old.gif
) you are still in the early crowd, lol. @Argus had that love chick, and Kathy's up to 3 (or maybe 4?) so far.

lau.gif
Honestly, I have GOT to find a better way (or at least a DARKER way) to heat the place... There's way too many chicks in the garage
he.gif
and we are still getting bouts of nasty weather. I need to make sure this happens later next year so there's not 3 months of peachicks in the house
hide.gif

I m last until someone else post chick pics.
duc.gif

old.gif

lau.gif
he.gif
hide.gif

I have 10 eggs far, that includes 2 from the Violettas, however prior to my bringing them home they were in a pen with several other birds, not all Violettas, so no guarantees as to who the father is. I will be setting these Thursday, so it will be quite a while until I have chick pics to post.

I have 10 eggs far, that includes 2 from the Violettas, however prior to my bringing them home they were in a pen with several other birds, not all Violettas, so no guarantees as to who the father is. I will be setting these Thursday, so it will be quite a while until I have chick pics to post.

Time flies when you are having fun!

It slows to a crawl when you are turning by hand 2 or 3 times a day, though
tongue2.gif

(I keep thinking I am done with eggs for the season, but the little SP hen just keeps laying one every few days. Another one last night. And now my neighbor's hen is starting to lay -- he just brought me one a few days ago. Good grief, I've been doing eggs since JANUARY!)

Back
Top Bottom