Peacock has damaged wings! Help!

Would I sprinkle it on him?
Withe the spray, you spray the whole bird and work it down into the feathers and onto the skin. With the dust, you dust the whole bird and work it down into the feathers and onto the skin.

I give 1% ivermectin orally. I give 0.05 ml per pound orally, and in three days, all lice are gone.

Last edited:
Withe the spray, you spray the whole bird and work it down into the feathers and onto the skin. With the dust, you dust the whole bird and work it down into the feathers and onto the skin.

I give 1% ivermectin orally. I give 0.05 ml orally, and in three days, all lice are gone.
Could you double check that dosage for me? Perhaps you meant per pound? I would also look for feather mites as well as lice. We use 0.40 ml of the pour-on divided up in four or five places on the skin as it causes a chem burn if applied too much in one location. I was thinking that 0.10 ml of the injectable given IM is the dosage for an adult pea. Seems like 0.01 ml orally would not be enough.

We have him a high roost in the coop but he is having difficulty jumping off. He crashes into the window. Could that cause damage to his wings?
I think you should address this anyway, even if it's not what's causing the wing issue. He should have enough clearance to get up and down from his roost without crashing into anything. Can you move the roost so it's further from the window or adjust its orientation so that he has the space to fly up and down easily?

Could you double check that dosage for me? Perhaps you meant per pound? I would also look for feather mites as well as lice. We use 0.40 ml of the pour-on divided up in four or five places on the skin as it causes a chem burn if applied too much in one location. I was thinking that 0.10 ml of the injectable given IM is the dosage for an adult pea. Seems like 0.01 ml orally would not be enough.
yes, sorry, it's 0.05 ml per pound of body weight, and I give the injectable orally.

I think you should address this anyway, even if it's not what's causing the wing issue. He should have enough clearance to get up and down from his roost without crashing into anything. Can you move the roost so it's further from the window or adjust its orientation so that he has the space to fly up and down easily?
Good point, he does not need a high roost. Most of our inside roosts are at about four feet, just high enough so the train does not touch the floor. Without enough glide space, they can land pretty hard on their legs.

IMG_3798.JPG

External parasites, likely feather lice and mites. Get some ivermectin pour on for him. You're going to find alot of sites/people claiming something out of their spice cabinet is a "cure" and is "natural". This is a load of nonsense plain and simple and I would not give such claims any serious consideration.

Back
Top Bottom