Peacock or naked neck chick??? Please help

cass2014

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
OMG I had green/ blue eggs I thought they were duck eggs at first then one hatched and I was pretty sure they were peacock chicks but one hatched today with a naked neck??? I'm so puzzled can some one tell me what it is??

OMG I had green/ blue eggs I thought they were duck eggs at first then one hatched and I was pretty sure they were peacock chicks but one hatched today with a naked neck??? I'm so puzzled can some one tell me what it is??

That doesn't look like any Peachick I've ever seen........so I'm going to have to go with Naked Neck. I have that same hatcher so easy to sanitize!

It is just a cute naked neck chick, like the frizzle that gene can remain hidden sometimes then pop up and scared the bejesus outa folks when they hatch them out not knowing what they are .

Thank you do naked necks have green eggs this is the egg it hatched out of
really thought these eggs were peacock eggs the chicks before had 4 hatch but they didnt have naked necks here's a pic
[/IMG] ones a turkey can anyone tell me what that gray think is? Pea chick?

ones a turkey what's the grey one? Is it a peachick? It come out if a green egg like that naked neck! Really thought the masked neck come out of brown eggs? I'm do confused :)

They are both my turkeys got it confused are these peachicks can anyone tell

I don't think those are Peachicks either. I do not see any wing feathers and Peachicks will hatch with long wing feathers already present. This is a picture of some Peachicks newly hatched and just barely fluffed, hours old, look at the wing feathers on the brown ones. Peachicks are able to fly up out of their brooders at 5 days old because of these wing feathers.

Those last to look like chicken chicks not sure i understand what you are asking about when you say gray one in the above photos, peafowl do not lay green eggs to my knowledge but chickens do it just depends on what breed of chicken it is, i have some all different colored chicken eggs here.
I see no peafowl in any of your photos but the angle of the white one could be throwing me odd cause i see no split where a comb should be, can you get a side view photo?
here is my white peachick after hatch

I get all different color,size and shaped chicken eggs my flocks are mostly mixed chickens

Back
Top Bottom