Peacock or Peahen??

I know others are better at explaining how to upload pics but try this; hit the Reply button as you normally do, and look at the row of icons across the top. There is a box that looks like a letter envelope to me but it is really a mountain and sun. Press that and another box will show up with a Upload button, press that and it should take you to your picture library. Select the pic you want and when it loads select the Large Icon button and when it is done enter Select

Your pic should show in your reply.
YOU GOT PUPPIES??????????????????????????
love.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

YOU GOT PUPPIES??????????????????????????
love.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

We got them at eight weeks old about a month ago, don't applaud yet, they may not live much longer. Between the egg eating, chewing up everything in sight, knocking the lids off the nucs and lapping up the sugar water, and running off to my sisters house about 100 yards away, I think they are ruined for being LGDs. Too much petting, but we can't help it they are soo cute!

I just got back from bringing them home from sis's, one is now in time out, she is going to have to take turns with her brother staying in a chicken pen. They haven't been staying with the animals, they sleep on the porch.

Black shoulder new chick. Male or female? I don't know age but it's about 7 in long. Has real cute little stubby crest :)

Purple pied chick. Same age as black shoulder chick above. Any ideas as to male or female?

I not only wonder about sex, but I am totally ignernt about black shoulder color/pattern. Can this black shoulder chick be a purple pied black shoulder? It has same color on some areas that is white and some looks same as the purple pied chick.

That's what the breeder said! But a woman on a fb group said the black shoulder already has more dark color on wings than a female chick. But I have only had them a week and I have already noticed less barring and color on wings however, I see lots of barring on the back above the tail on both. Not on where the saddle is but lower. And is it possible that the black shoulder is gonna be white on head and all of neck where it has no color at all now? Or does neck color show up later on males and not at all on hens?

Back
Top Bottom