Peafowl 103: Illness, Injury, Medication and Care (in progress)

this is the best picture I could get, color is not good on my phone camera! But this is where it layed immediately after hatch, I checked umbilical area and don't see anything new. I don't think it came from there, to be honest it appears to come from the belly feathers. Like it was in the egg when it hatched. I hadn't noticed it before on the previous hatches, only this one!

this is the best picture I could get, color is not good on my phone camera! But this is where it layed immediately after hatch, I checked umbilical area and don't see anything new. I don't think it came from there, to be honest it appears to come from the belly feathers. Like it was in the egg when it hatched. I hadn't noticed it before on the previous hatches, only this one!

Maybe it's just from the egg, but it's definitely not normal if you see more of it.

-Kathy

Great thank you Kathy ! Is two weeks too young to give such medicine? When should one start with oreventive doses normally?
Javiera

What works for me is to feed them chick starter crumbles (medicated) until they are feathered out and ready for the ground then, I switch them to a mixture of adult foods thats when I start them on a regular schedule when it comes to nutrition and preventive meds. Now, if I notice an issue when they are in the brooder or anytime thats when they all get treated but normally, the chick starter does its job.

Gerald Barker

Back
Top Bottom