Peafowl and turkeys together

GarrettW

Chirping
Mar 23, 2021
I've been wanting to get peafowl, and put them in with my turkeys. Has anybody tried this, and does this work?

Also, if I kept my peahens with my hen turkeys and my peacocks with my tom turkeys would that work?

I have one turkey hen that lives with peafowl, but it hasn't been easy for her.

How main turkeys do you have and how many peafowl are you going to get?

Last edited:
I have one turkey hen that lives with peafowl, but it hasn't been easy for her.

How main turkeys do you have and how many peafowl are you going to get?
9 turkeys (3 toms 6 hens), and 4 to 6 peafowl.
I've been looking for peafowl, but if I can't put them together then I probably won't get any.

You already have too many toms for the amount of hens that you have. One tom is all you need for the number of hens that you have.
Sure I know that, I asked about it on another thread, but I'm keeping them separate so there shouldn't be any problems.

All I want to know now is if peahens can be with hen turkeys and if peacocks can be with tom turkeys? If not then I won't get any.

Last edited:
This might help you get your answers. This is a old thread.
Thread 'Anyone know how peacocks and turkeys do together?'
Thread 'Anyone know how peacocks and turkeys do together?' https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/anyone-know-how-peacocks-and-turkeys-do-together.177060/
In that threads are two posts from @deerman, who was considered an expert in raising peafowl

Here are his posts.
a29f6d8f.jpg

These were raised together, from the person I got them from. Everything when fine until spring then the nice silverpied peacock was killed by the Tom.

Maybe ok ,say under 8 weeks. But would not try longer. You do raise them the same, feed,heat, teaching to find food and water.

I would never try penning them together ever again, those were eastern The tom, peck the peacock head, to the point he kill him. All in a spring day.

If free range they could get away i guess.

Those had live together for a year, got all from one person.

In that threads are two posts from @deerman, who was considered an expert in raising peafowl
After reading through the thread and those two posts. I don't think it's a good idea to even have turkeys and peafowl near each other. If that's the case I probably will not get peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom