Peafowl egg swap anyone?

Good job frenchblackcopper!
thumbsup.gif
X2!

I have tried to follow the swap thread a couple of times and always given up because I couldn't figure out what was going on. Please keep it at least somewhat self explanatory.

Well it's Friday eve and we all have a few days to thnk it over. I don't know how many other byc'ers have peafowl that don't come into our little camp here but I'm sure there are many.I myself am swapped out today both for getting a new color into Pea Palace and a new incubator.I was reading one thread that went dead for many weeks here. If we start it now there maybe little pea eggs to get into the swap.Maybe we iron out all the "what ifs" here before starting it later in say April?
Guinea eggs too sounds great.I remember those yard sirens from when I was a kid,,
Who wants to take this over? Should those thats interested now that read this submit a list of what they will offer? At least that way when we do have to move the thread other BYC members will see what they can look forward to in the upcoming months.I myself have several peas kept over that will be a year old this spring-summer that I would swap for like aged peas in patterns-colors I do not yet have (building more pens again) I can do new hatched peas as well as eggs from these groups I have

1)Black Shoulder Silver Pied pen,
2)Midnight B/S pen,
3)Purple b/s w/e pen,
4)IB pen which has an IB Pied,IB B/S and straight IB male with 9 straight IB hens
5)Opal B/S pen with a Opal and Opal pied and Opal b/s hens
6) Bronze pen
7)Cameo W/E pen
8)Thang pen which is silver pied with 2IB hens split to purple carrying 1 copy of w/e
9) BSSP with 2 Purple B/S hens
10) Charcoal pied w/e chicks from my Charcoal pen
11) Red Golden,
12)Yellow Golden
13),Lady Amherst,
14)Dark Red Throated ornamental pheasants.
Ornamental pheasant eggs would be first to offer,next would be peafowl eggs,,then pheasant chicks,then peacock chicks as well as eggs until end of laying season maybe in August. Ornamentals stops laying maybe in July.this still does not take into consideration the pairs of coming 1 years old peas we kept back.

I personally would only be interested in swapping for peas in colors-patterns I do not have listed above or show quality heritage breed chickens that are not from Hatchery stock..Or Peach,Splash,Cinnamon,Reeves,or Elliots ornamental pheasants.

Last edited:
.I myself have several peas kept over that will be a year old this spring-summer that I would swap for like aged peas in patterns-colors I do not yet have (building more pens again) I can do new hatched peas as well as eggs from these groups I have

1)Black Shoulder Silver Pied pen,
2)Midnight B/S pen,
3)Purple b/s w/e pen,
4)IB pen which has an IB Pied,IB B/S and straight IB male with 9 straight IB hens
5)Opal B/S pen with a Opal and Opal pied and Opal b/s hens
6) Bronze pen
7)Cameo W/E pen
8)Thang pen which is silver pied with 2IB hens split to purple carrying 1 copy of w/e
9) BSSP with 2 Purple B/S hens
10) Charcoal pied w/e chicks from my Charcoal pen
11) Red Golden,
12)Yellow Golden
13),Lady Amherst,
14)Dark Red Throated ornamental pheasants.
Ornamental pheasant eggs would be first to offer,next would be peafowl eggs,,then pheasant chicks,then peacock chicks as well as eggs until end of laying season maybe in August. Ornamentals stops laying maybe in July.this still does not take into consideration the pairs of coming 1 years old peas we kept back.

I personally would only be interested in swapping for peas in colors-patterns I do not have listed above or show quality heritage breed chickens that are not from Hatchery stock..Or Peach,Splash,Cinnamon,Reeves,or Elliots ornamental pheasants.

Are you saying that if we do a swap its going to have to be moved ? How about if we do what you just did and have people pm replies directly to the person who posted? With the understanding that anyone that doesn't hold up their end will be outed,also on this forum? That would allow the individuals involved to negotiate their own deals, and also be a lot easier to keep track of. not having to go through page after page after page of posts congratulating themselves on their "win", or whatever.

Trefoil .yes according to BYC rules all swaps must be put in the other section It's kind of a bummer in my opinion too since we are probably one of the smallest groups on this forum. But just because the swap will be started there doesn't mean we can't have another thread here for discussions of what is,or will be offered upcoming in the swap? With as many members as BYC has there undoubtedly has to be more peafowl breeders out there so by possibly moving it to the other forum we may see new members, diffrent birds or eggs that can be offered, ect. I don't think that a thread such as just for peafowl could be that big since so few actually have peas at least in this section.But by giving others the chance to offer different kinds of eggs or hatched birds it would be interesting, yes?
I'm hoping maybe this will get more interested in Peas and maybe add some more interest in this section since pea popularity is growing each year. Maybe call it pro-active? Yet I am not a member of any club,or organization,,I just love my 60 plus adult peas that will grow in numbers to over 80 breeding peas this summer.

Back
Top Bottom