Peafowl egg swap anyone?

frenchblackcopper

Crowing
12 Years
Jul 14, 2009
East central Illinois
I've seen this done on other threads here especially with Chickens,,who here in the pea community would be interested in trying something like this? Maybe I should read the rules done in other egg swaps first to get the general idea of how it's done but since shipping peas eggs is tough already,a free swap might not be too bad if everyone keeps in mind the distances involved when getting into the swap,,ideas??

Last edited:
I think its a great idea. I would join in if I was going to have anything laying fertile eggs this year. Someone is going to have to keep track to make sure everyone keeps their end up.
Maybe everyone could post what they want and what they have and that way everyone would have more of a chance of getting their preferred color. Remember you lucky ones, if you get any spare purple BS babies to sell, I'm looking for a couple.

I've been casually reading other swaps here on BYC,,each is diffrent.Some of them has each person sign up (as in one Easter egg hatch day swap going on now) where each person must donate 6 chicken eggs and they must be shipped all on the same day within the group.With spring just around the corner we have time to plan this to make it fun.
One particular swap I kept up with years ago here was where anyone could post whatever kind of chicken eggs they had,the first person who posted their particular breed of chicken eggs they entered into the swap,that the previous poster liked had the oppurtunity to swap for those eggs.
Fot instance,say I post I have 6 Purple B/S Silver pied eggs for swap,,others would then post what they had in exchange,,until I decided on which persons offer I wanted,,granted the value of the eggs I offered for swap is worth more than say straight IB eggs would be,so unless I wanted or needed IB eggs to hatch,I'd probably wait until someone else offered eggs of equal value to me,such as Bronze B/S,,ect!
Another way could be each person submit a list of what color-pattern of eggs they have to offer,and what eggs they will not swap for,,and if they would accept "mystery eggs" as long as they weren't on their Not wanted list,,only to be told after they have received them indeed what colors-patterns they are.The list would be kept private until after the eggs were all shipped,,noone would know where their eggs was coming from nor what color was shipped,but they would know where their eggs was going to and what they packed.
Each participant would be responsible for shipping costs and packing them.A tracking number could be submitted for proof the eggs was shipped and the exact date.Those who fail to ship eggs,would be banned from any further swap,,,ideas?
P.S.Forgot to add,you must OWN the birds your eggs will be coming from.I've known people to buy eggs off e-bay then ship them. If you cannot supply 6 eggs but maybe only 3-4 it's only fair you would be matched with another member who can offer the same amount.Thoughts??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom