Peafowl egg swap anyone?

Sounds like fun, but all I would have to trade would be IB eggs.
idunno.gif

The only peas I would have to trade are pied and Indian blue. Some of mine will be split to cameo and purple, but nothing trade worthy. But I'd love to play... I do have nice chickens if any pea-folk like jubilee orpingtons.

sounds like a good idea Randy, I say make a minimum of maybe 4. SOME people might trade a india blue for 4 of something harder to get or even for some fancy chicken eggs or pheasants.

I like the four egg minimum rule.
Personally, I would want other types of eggs to be allowed, but peafowl eggs should be the main focus.

The only peas I would have to trade are pied and Indian blue. Some of mine will be split to cameo and purple, but nothing trade worthy. But I'd love to play... I do have nice chickens if any pea-folk like jubilee orpingtons.

See, this would work. I need jubilees badly and I have plenty of peafowl she may want. Christabelle, we can trade anytime you want. What kind of peafowl are you interested in?

What about chicks too?

I think to keep it in this forum we should require one side of the trade be peafowl of some sort.

The only problem with having a minimum on how many to send is what if someone only has one pair? If they waited to have 4 eggs, one egg would be about a week old before it got shipped. Otherwise, it actually sounds like fun!

Been thinking on and off about this all day,,hamster cage was really spinning earlier. I suppose first we should locate a moderator? How,or who is the one in charge for spanking-time outs in the peafowl forum? I'm guessing there is some BYC not liable thingy? I see no problem with swapping other eggs in this but there is always chicken egg swaps in the other forums. Value of some pea eggs is rather high on some colors or patterns. I'm guessing swan aggs go for a pretty shiny dime as well? I have no clue how to incubate duck eggs or swan eggs,chicken eggs and ornamental pheasant eggs as well as pea eggs are diffrent,,easy as general math class.
I'll see about locating the forum police here.It might be a good idea for those who drift to other forums here to spread the word if some are wanting pea eggs.
To make it easier for everyone we could do 4 eggs for peafowl,,each participant can offer several "sets" of 4 egger swaps.Each group could be a diffrent color-pattern.Castportpony,,some people desperate to get into peas would be very grateful for IB eggs,,you seen some of the pre-sale IB egg auctions going on E-Bay right now? My first pea eggs came April 21st last year but as I've been watching the weather,this time last year temps was in the 80's already,,getting down to 14 degrees tonight and forecast is for a few more weeks of way below temps,so Peafowl may begin laying later this spring.We've at least got a month to get things figured out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom