Peafowl egg swap anyone?

Mine didn't say anything about free ranging or wild birds. I did tell them that I had wild turkeys that roam my property and the response was that is ok as long as they cannot mix with my tested birds. I think mine doesn't care about that as long as I spend the extra for an importing/exporting license LMAO! My PO told me that he never heard of anyone in CT having to get an import/export license to ship out of state before. He also said that the PO doesn't even ask for a NPIP info. I have only seen that NPIP number on one box and that was the 3 peach birds I got from Craig Hopkins.
I told the woman that I just want my flock tested so I know that the birds are safe and I can give the eggs to my friends or sell them. I haven't heard from them since last year. It would cost me $1 a bird for the testing, but each bird has to be done cause it's the first 300 birds. I have sparrows living along my pen. They nest in the outside eves of the shed. I ship eggs every year and the PO never asked for a NPIP number.

Last edited:
Mine didn't say anything about free ranging or wild birds. I did tell them that I had wild turkeys that roam my property and the response was that is ok as long as they cannot mix with my tested birds. I think mine doesn't care about that as long as I spend the extra for an importing/exporting license LMAO! My PO told me that he never heard of anyone in CT having to get an import/export license to ship out of state before. He also said that the PO doesn't even ask for a NPIP info. I have only seen that NPIP number on one box and that was the 3 peach birds I got from Craig Hopkins.
I told the woman that I just want my flock tested so I know that the birds are safe and I can give the eggs to my friends or sell them. I haven't heard from them since last year. It would cost me $1 a bird for the testing, but each bird has to be done cause it's the first 300 birds. I have sparrows living along my pen. They nest in the outside eves of the shed. I ship eggs every year and the PO never asked for a NPIP number.
The PO won't enforce it... I can guarantee that most postal employees don't know about NPIP and don't care. From what I can see, the NPIP program is mostly run an tthe honor system. So it's only as good as the participants honesty.

Okay, I made a call to Ill Dept of Ag today and am getting my NPIP paperwork in order. Seems there is a lot of opinions about this for an egg-live pea swap so how about this? If you NPIP certified you must include your state number in your trade ect. It will then be up to you at your discretion if you want to trade with someone that is, or is not NPIP certified. Some people may decide not to trade with because of this so if your only willing to swap that way,each swap should say this if you reply and want to continue. Is this easy enough?

Okay, I made a call to Ill Dept of Ag today and am getting my NPIP paperwork in order. Seems there is a lot of opinions about this for an egg-live pea swap so how about this? If you NPIP certified you must include your state number in your trade ect. It will then be up to you at your discretion if you want to trade with someone that is, or is not NPIP certified. Some people may decide not to trade with because of this so if your only willing to swap that way,each swap should say this if you reply and want to continue.  Is this easy enough?

Easy Peasy for me. :thumbsup I think all of that is on my Louisiana NPIP certification paperwork. I will check and see. I can make copies of my NPIP and send with the eggs.

I would love to swap but I only have IB's if anyone would be interested in getting any of those eggs. But I will say that I have some pretty darn good looking birds. :D

Back
Top Bottom