Peafowl Medications

I dont know what blackhead is or what to do, my other hen looks like she just died and is unresponsive, I cant hear a heart beat and she is lifeless, I dont even know what happend ? I dont eve have an animal dog/cat vet that will take a look at them, none of them are willing. I have one bird in here with me watching her for signs of life wrapped in ablanket but I think she is all but dead so that sucks, the one with the broken toes is eating and drinking and responsive I just dont know if i need to give her antibiotice for the breaks and now with a different bird up and dying i may have some other problem Im not aware of, so what do you do in this situation before another bird dies?

So it seems the problem is growing, one dead hen of unknown causes ? I have another hen that just laied a soft shelled egg and is acting odd just like the the hen that b4 she died she did this same stuff about a week ago and then died, so what should I be looking for and how do I treat what ever is going on?

So it seems the problem is growing, one dead hen of unknown causes ? I have another hen that just laied a soft shelled egg and is acting odd just like the the hen that b4 she died she did this same stuff about a week ago and then died, so what should I be looking for and how do I treat what ever is going on?
You need to find a vet or learn how to necropsy and buy a whole bunch of drugs.

I live in Pickford, I finally found a vet an hour away in the Sault, unfortunately too late for the one bird, . I did an autopsy and didnt find much but perhaps a lot? I found a strange half fluid filled mass half dollar size attached to her right breast shoulder and cant find any pics to compare anything to although I did take a pic which I will post up. Also found 15 - 20 strange little pebble like bubbles growing in one spot inside her under her back rib cage towards pelvis anywhere from 2 to 3 mm in size kinda clear looking in color. If the bird died of pneumonia what would be noticeable signs being displayed I should be looking out for and is there anything to be learned from the inside if anything I should have been noticing ? ? Or is this a cancer of sorts ? I didnt find any worms I keep looking for pictures of others who dissected dead pea fowl but no luck. Does anyone have any links to anatomy diagrams?

Attachments

• 0601171740b.jpg
    0601171740b.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 0601171741.jpg
    0601171741.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 16
I can buy a bunch of drugs in the Sault tomorrow when I go there. They have a tractor supply I bought Safeguard at before and was going to get more and some feed with Amprolium in it . Ive seen Ivermectin but not sure the form it was being sold in or is the Safeguard it? Im rather bummed I had to go downstate for doc appointments for 2 days prior to total disasters hitting my poor birds and rushed back but missed warning signs and lost a bird . I really didnt know the bird was sick she was laying eggs just fine up until a week ago then she started to lay soft shell broken eggs and was sleeping more and not moving around as much. I suppose that was a sign I should have noticed was a problem.

Back
Top Bottom