Peafowl Medications

mass you see in the pic but of what is it?
This? If so, I think that's her crop.
peahen_necropsy.PNG

I opened her up looked at heart liver intestines and such but didnt see anything abnormal? Other then what I posted about the bubble like pebbles inside her under her back bone and the mass you see in the pic but of what is it?
Can you post a picture of her intestines?

Some how I lost the organ and intestine pics, the intestine did look all twisted up with a few semi harder turds forming pushing through unless this was a few blockages but they have such large turds Im thinking they were normal. Thank you for the manual. Other then a pneumonia if the bird had coccidiosis what would you see in the intestine? Would you be able to see semi harder turds like I did or would the intestine be all watery from the parasites?

Some how I lost the organ and intestine pics, the intestine did look all twisted up with a few semi harder turds forming pushing through unless this was a few blockages but they have such large turds Im thinking they were normal. Thank you for the manual. Other then a pneumonia if the bird had coccidiosis what would you see in the intestine? Would you be able to see semi harder turds like I did or would the intestine be all watery from the parasites?
Can you get the intestines and cut them open? were the hard bits in the ceca?
chicken_digestion_labeled.jpg

I guess what I called hard bits were more like a harder forming turds in her large intestine. I did squeeze them gently and they seemed to pass through to her anus and out and look normal. I was concerned about them eating the spray in foam insulation called " Great Stuff" they got into some a couple weeks back before I could stop them but I didnt see anything in the intestines unless the foam poisoned her as she passed it. But none of the other birds were effected and Im rather sure a different bird other then her ate most of it as I watched trying to get the lock off the gate which was all jammed up at the time, but of course. I just have to consider everything I can so I hopefully dont lose another bird if it is a virus or something treatable?

Back
Top Bottom