peafowl with broken toe?

Roseheart16

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 17, 2013
I was feeding my birds some meal worms today and one of my peafowl that's generally very shy, decided she would come and eat some today. Then I noticed something wrong with one of her toes. One of them looks broken. She seems to walk fine though I'm not sure if she is. Can I do anything about it or did i not notice soon enough? Will she be fine later on if nothing is done about it? Here's some pictures.

Last edited:
I had a hen that had a toe like that on each foot and if you are sayen she is not limping I would say your hen was also born like that.
If it is broken seems like she would be limping as that toe supports weight and it would hurt her for sure.

Hmm.. well she was walking rather slowly... she always does though and her pace wasn't any different than my other two.

Last edited:
Now that I looked through at older pictures of her, I do believe she was born with it. Before today she never came close to me so that may be why I didn't notice it before.

That's a picture of her maybe a week or so after we got her. I'm guessing she was about 7-8 weeks there..? but i see her toe kinda looks like that in a few other pictures i have of her now that im looking for it.
So its nothing I should worry about...?

I have one like that, too. He hatched with curled toes and the place I got him from didn't know how to treat him. We call him CT, which stands for "crooked toe", lol.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom