Peahen in tree for 2 days

Thank-you for caring. We are now on day 3. It's difficult waiting to see what happens.

Thanks, I am hoping she will still be ok! We are heading into day 4! At dusk tonight she was pretty active. She went to nearly the top of the tree. It looked like she was pecking around up there so maybe she is getting a bit of something to eat. Thanks for letting me know about your birds. Did they have any food and water?

Thank-you for caring. We are now on day 3. It's difficult waiting to see what happens.

Thanks, I am hoping she will still be ok! We are heading into day 4! At dusk tonight she was pretty active. She went to nearly the top of the tree. It looked like she was pecking around up there so maybe she is getting a bit of something to eat. Thanks for letting me know about your birds. Did they have any food and water?

Attachments

• IMG_E1050.JPG
    IMG_E1050.JPG
    783.8 KB · Views: 3

We typically send some snacks with them like some of their pellets and a cucumber or apple but not enough for more than three days. Postal regulations do not allow for feed or water.

We're on day 4. This morning she flew quite a ways to a tree in the pasture. She didn't stay there long. About 10 minutes later she was gone. Then I heard her yelling at the garbage men! I found her high in a pine on the edge of our property behind our house! I can even see her from the window. So far she has spent most of the day there! I think she is waiting for the snow to melt! That could take some time. The first picture is the pasture tree, the second is a pine in our back yard where I'm assuming she'll stay all night. She obviously has developed a preference for pines. She did call back and forth to the flock earlier today. The saga continues!

Attachments

• IMG_E1061.JPG
    IMG_E1061.JPG
    948.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_E1098.JPG
    IMG_E1098.JPG
    453.7 KB · Views: 3
We're on day 4. This morning she flew quite a ways to a tree in the pasture. She didn't stay there long. About 10 minutes later she was gone. Then I heard her yelling at the garbage men! I found her high in a pine on the edge of our property behind our house! I can even see her from the window. So far she has spent most of the day there! I think she is waiting for the snow to melt! That could take some time. The first picture is the pasture tree, the second is a pine in our back yard where I'm assuming she'll stay all night. She obviously has developed a preference for pines. She did call back and forth to the flock earlier today. The saga continues!
Maybe you can call something like a firefighter? Or use a long ladder?

Wow, she’s quite the high flier! Did she ever come down?
It's a full week this afternoon! She moved to a tree in our backyard a couple days ago and is still there! I can't believe she hasn't come down and that she is still alive! I am so confused by this behavior! How much longer can she survive this way?

We had 2 young guineas roost in a tree all night during a snowstorm (their fine) but that is insane! Could you try putting another peafowl in a cage where she can see them? The only reason our 2 guineas flew down was because there was food and other guineas. Does she have a mate or someone shes attached too?
She has a whole flock. There have been several days where the flock was out and about just below her. We put food out, we cleared snow away so she had bare grass to land on with her food dish. Today I went out and threw bread crumbs so she could see me throwing stuff. She normally comes running for that. Nothing! There are times where she will call back and forth to the flock but she doesn't come down. She knows they are there, she can see the barn!

Back
Top Bottom