Pearl & Daisy

Absolutely!! I knew going into it (especially with feed store goslings, straight run) that I could end up with a gander ..... or two ganders. So when he's trying my patience, I remember that I signed up for this, and now I have to deal with it!

At least he's pretty. :p

Aw! I love hearing about your pair. :love Missy likes your Runner ducks - that's so cute!
lol she tries to not let it show but If I have to keep them separated for any amount of time she about has a fit.
Yes we need some new pics.

It’s usually just females. Although I would think a gander may make a small one for sleeping my Muscovy drake does. Why are you seeing nest building from your gander?

It’s usually just females. Although I would think a gander may make a small one for sleeping my Muscovy drake does. Why are you seeing nest building from your gander?

Daisy is always putting straw in his water bowls, round tubs for bathing, etc. It does seem like a nest building activity, as he is quite meticulous about it. Pearl has never shown this behavior. :confused: These geese always have me scratching my head!

A new-ish picture of Pearl for your troubles. :) They don't seem to mind winter, but I bet they'll both be happy when spring is here and they have fresh grass again!

Attachments

• IMG_4160.JPG
    IMG_4160.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 6
They can def make you scratch your head. Missy my goose would stand and gather sticks leaves etc around her feet. I have never seen Sam do this. Your sure Daisy is a gander? Voice is one way to tell.

They can def make you scratch your head. Missy my goose would stand and gather sticks leaves etc around her feet. I have never seen Sam do this. Your sure Daisy is a gander? Voice is one way to tell.

Oh, I'm never sure of anything with these two! But Daisy has a high pitched voice and is much leaner (and without the underbelly lobes, unlike Pearl). So I would guess gander. :confused: Maybe he's just being silly.

Could be just being silly hormones can do that! You should know soon can’t miss their male parts nor that Tarzan holler when the mate! Lol

:lau You know .... I saw them trying that out in - September? October? around there - and I haven't seen them try it since! Goofy geese .... I don't think even they know what they're doing or what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom