Pearl Guinnea hatched out silvery white

Imheavenbound

Hatching
Mar 4, 2017
I have 2 female guinneas and one male guinnea. All 3 are pearl

Guinneas hatched from other pearl guinneas.
While my eggs were hatching, I’ve ended up with 3 silvery white guinnea keets. The first 2 did giood in the incubator but died as soon as I took them out. The third started doing poorly when I took it out so I stuck it back in the incubator for 3 days with food and water and it’s doing well. Some others were hatched brown like a typical guinnea but why are these different?
Can pearl guinneas have a different color or is it possible they bred with a chicken and a guinnea?
I’m confused. But it is beautiful!
Pictures included.

I kinda think he looks more like a chicken but smaller. His body build looks chicken-ish (if that's a word :))
I took him out of the incubator last night and he seems to be doing well. I'm so curious to see what it looks like as an adult.

x2, recessive genes. Must be some other colors back through the bloodline. Not impossible to be a genetic fluke either. Looks to be pure guinea to me, not a chicken/guinea cross.

I dont think chickens and guineas can cross?? xD That'd be kinda cool if they could though, since Guineas are like really good mommas maybe they combined could make like a bearded guinea or a crested xD

I dont think chickens and guineas can cross?? xD That'd be kinda cool if they could though, since Guineas are like really good mommas maybe they combined could make like a bearded guinea or a crested xD
Chickens and guineas can cross as can chickens & pheasants. I've personally seen them. I've also seen pictures and talked to breeders that have had guinea & turkey and guinea & peafowl crosses.

I have read up on it and it seems they can mix with about any type bird.
If the chick takes on the other bird gene, it's unlikely it will live.
If it takes on the Guinnea gene, it's still iffy but stand a much better chance of living.
My sister sent me a link that I can't find right at this moment, but it showed all kinds of pictures that show them mixed with all different birds. Most were pretty ugly. :)
BTW: My little white guinnea is still doing great! It's spunky and has done great being put in with the little chicks. :)

Back
Top Bottom