First time Hatching with Broody!

maringirl5

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2023
We currently have 11 chickens and 7 pullets that were all bought at Rural King and our rooster was given to me by our neighbor. One of my hens went broody so we decided to allow her to hatch the eggs just to see what would happen and 7 out of 10 eggs hatched on June 10, 11 & 12th! I am BEYOND excited that almost all of them hatched and were fertile! Our rooster is a beautiful cross of Red Rock, golden Wyandotte and Black Jersey Giant.

3 of the eggs that hatched were from our Leghorn hens and the babies are super duper blonde but 1 of them has a few black spots on it. The other chicks could be from any one of our hens that consist of: Cinnamon Queens, Issa Browns, Smokey Pearls, Silver Laced Wyandotte or Black Copper Maran ( I like variety! haha)

They are about 2 weeks old now and I am trying to identify if I have any Roos in the mix. I have a few suspicions but I am not sure! I've included pics below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• chicks 1.jpg
    chicks 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • chicks 2.jpg
    chicks 2.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 11
  • chicks 3.jpg
    chicks 3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • chicks 4.jpg
    chicks 4.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 11
  • chicks 5.jpg
    chicks 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Two weeks old is way too early to tell sex of any of them. Update with more pictures in at least 3 more weeks. I know, the waiting can be hard but 5 weeks is a pretty good time to tell sex, usually. Gosh, they sure are cure though

Back
Top Bottom