Peas or watermelon?

A Renee

Chirping
Jul 17, 2022
Hi again!
Just trying to learn from everybody and get friendly advice and opinions..

Which treats do your ducks love the most?

I would say for mine it’s peas, kale and watermelon. My pekin screams as I walk through the yard carrying treats.. he is very impatient. 😊

Attachments

• D28133BD-7D3C-4CC7-A523-338A57293DFA.jpeg
    D28133BD-7D3C-4CC7-A523-338A57293DFA.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 14
Screams eh? That’s funny! Mine just surround me like a bunch of Indians moving in for the kill when I bring out mealworms and dry dog food.
Heehee that’s great. Mealworms are on our list here as well. I think my ducks are under the impression they are piglets instead.

mine love fly grubs, cucumbers, watermelon and lettuce the best! they’ve tried a ton of different fruits/veggies and seem to like everything except banana lol they HATE banana 😂
I haven’t tried banana yet... I tried blueberries a couple days ago, not much of a reaction.

My Muscovy (f) & Appleyard (m) love mealworms, kale, and dry cat food.

Dry cat food soaked in water all day, topped off with the crunchies of mealworms, (with additional water to make a soup), in a bright green bowl is how I have trained my ducks to go in their run for the night.... They run & beat me to their enclosure and turn around and wait on me. It's the best routine I have done with them since I've had them.

My Muscovy (f) & Appleyard (m) love mealworms, kale, and dry cat food.

Dry cat food soaked in water all day, topped off with the crunchies of mealworms, (with additional water to make a soup), in a bright green bowl is how I have trained my ducks to go in their run for the night.... They run & beat me to their enclosure and turn around and wait on me. It's the best routine I have done with them since I've had them.
That’s a brilliant idea i may have to steal😊 although I haven’t tried cat food, mine trip over themselves to reach the kale first.

Back
Top Bottom