Pease help- lice or mite

Thank you all I saw this last night so pretty sure it’s mites. Seem less today with the DE but have ordered the spray recommended above so hopefully it fully gets rid. Thanks
F47B6200-1AFC-4651-8CD7-11A0A97507D7.jpeg

I used DE in the past. I had a severe infestation of mites. I tried the DE for a couple of weeks and the birds didn't improve. I was getting scared and desperate. I did some research and found Permethrin and Elector PSP here in the US. The Elector PSP was quite expensive so I decided to try the permethrin which was quite a bit cheaper. After a couple of weekly treatments thoroughly spraying inside the coops and putting permethrin poultry dust in the nest boxes the birds were improving. I did a couple of more weekly treatments and found no mites. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't treated when I did I may have lost some birds. They were looking pretty pathetic. I originally thought they were molting but they weren't getting their feathers in like normal molts and that is when I discovered the mites. Good luck...

Did you order the premixed spray of the concentrate? There are different permethrin concentrates. I have used them all at one time or another. I use the 0.50% solution. I also use poultry dust in the nest boxes. Good luck...

Attachments

• MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
  • PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much this is the one I ordered in concentrate form as I have a fair area to cover.
84280375-128B-45B9-B5EB-30897B942612.png

Attachments

• B178EDD9-C323-468F-B7FC-D460AF9099B2.png
    B178EDD9-C323-468F-B7FC-D460AF9099B2.png
    475.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom