Pecking

kburruano

Chirping
Dec 1, 2021
We have three new chicks as of April. And we also have three original hens. For a few weeks we kept the chicks run outside right next to the big girls. Then we let them in the big girls run during the day. I e night we got home late and they were all in the nest box. A few days later two of the three chicks have a bunch of feathers missing from their heads and some bloody spots. During the day the two flocks generally avoid each other. What do I do to prevent any harm?

We have three new chicks as of April. And we also have three original hens. For a few weeks we kept the chicks run outside right next to the big girls. Then we let them in the big girls run during the day. I e night we got home late and they were all in the nest box. A few days later two of the three chicks have a bunch of feathers missing from their heads and some bloody spots. During the day the two flocks generally avoid each other. What do I do to prevent any harm?
How big is your coop and run, in feet by feet?
Dimensions and pics would help immensely here.

That's a ten my ten run. Big girls get to free range under supervision. Big coop is the big girls and the little coop was where we were keeping the little girls. They r only locked up in there at night (referring to the big coop).

Attachments

• 16535676299781129955805979102606.jpg
    16535676299781129955805979102606.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom