Hi European poultry and waterfowl owners :)

I was asked by @Papa John59 to join this thread. thanks!
Great way to collect all people in the same(ish) timezone 😀
Welcome to the fun! We are a lively group sharing our knowledge and laughs. If you know of any others from Europe here at BYC, invite them into the thread. We can only make the thread stronger.
So pull up a chair, get your coffee and enjoy the thread!

Welcome to the fun! We are a lively group sharing our knowledge and laughs. If you know of any others from Europe here at BYC, invite them into the thread. We can only make the thread stronger.
So pull up a chair, get your coffee and enjoy the thread!
Already had my morning bike trip and just have had my coffee now *sip ☕

my duckies just had their first swim of today. Try to train them go in and out of the water by themselves :)

In the Netherlands we have great weather again. 23*c and ☀ .And expectations even get ‘better’ up to 26*c and ☀ . But this has a downside too.

We really have too much sun and warm weather this spring. We need rain. Lots of rain. There is a problem with drought. Fire hazards and crops on the land are thirsty. Grass is turning yellow.

We really have to do something with this climate change. I am afraid this will have more impact on our lives as this corona ‘business’. Especially because our government helps businesses like KLM/Schiphol without any sanctions and already postponed CO2 taxes from polluting factories because they have a difficult year because if this Covid.

Luckily I have my chickens to forget about this crap things and planning to enjoy the ☀ and a long weekend.

And of couse a warm :welcome peeps in Europe @Waves and @Stipenvlerk .

yesterday it rained all day :hmm todady i'm going to try again to break my silkie broody (i can't hatch).do you have some tricks? she's so persistent!!! :love:barnie
I have never had a broody hen before. But I have heard some tricks from fellow breeders. If you can, put her in a different coop or run. If that doesn't work, put her in a cage with a wire bottom. She needs to get to get a cold belly. Most of the time this works. If not, try putting something cold like a coldpack under her.
If all fails... get her some day old chicks (or hatching eggs if she hasn't sat for too long yet) ... and sell the chicks off later on.

Back
Top Bottom