Pics
They are a non-native invasive species that is a fair problem as they have no natural predators. Apparently they were introduced during a PETA raid on a fur production facility in which the activist set them free with no thought to impact on native habitats.

I will have minks. there is a mink farm 8 km away from my new place. some escaped and survived. I don't know if they have predators.

They are a non-native invasive species that is a fair problem as they have no natural predators. Apparently they were introduced during a PETA raid on a fur production facility in which the activist set them free with no thought to impact on native habitats.
Ughh. :th

I will have minks. there is a mink farm 8 km away from my new place. some escaped and survived. I don't know if they have predators.

Oh no. :(

It seems that mink farms are a problem either way.

Do minks in the area mean you guys can't free range during the day?

Hi, I'm Astrid from Germany. I have been dreaming of having my own chickens for years. I have been a BYC member for quite some time. Last night I was able to pick up my 5 Sulmtaler hens and 1 rooster from a breeder. I can't have chickens where I live, but I became a member of the local breeding club since an opening was available. I was lucky to get in!! I have a coop seperated into 4 smaller coops and a 400 square meter run (parted into 8 different runs)
Greetings

Hi, I'm Astrid from Germany. I have been dreaming of having my own chickens for years. I have been a BYC member for quite some time. Last night I was able to pick up my 5 Sulmtaler hens and 1 rooster from a breeder. I can't have chickens where I live, but I became a member of the local breeding club since an opening was available. I was lucky to get in!! I have a coop seperated into 4 smaller coops and a 400 square meter run (parted into 8 different runs)
Greetings

Hi Astrid!

Congratulations on finally being able to get your chickens!! :wee

Wow, you've had a long wait but I'm glad your patience has paid off!
Your set-up sounds really good. I look forward to seeing photos if you'd like to share them.

:)

Hi Astrid!

Your set-up sounds really good. I look forward to seeing photos if you'd like to share them.

:)

Thanks! :D:D

Sure thing!! I'm always for showing off my chickens :gig
Last night they were pretty frightend still. Today they finally found the way out of the coop.

IMG_20190731_194948.jpg
68253805_704780673301364_1966330324115783680_n.jpg
67697130_380811152634638_2728332409475956736_n.jpg
IMG_20190731_194948.jpg

Thanks! :D:D

Sure thing!! I'm always for showing off my chickens :gig
Last night they were pretty frightend still. Today they finally found the way out of the coop.

View attachment 1864835 View attachment 1864836 View attachment 1864837 View attachment 1864835

Aw, they are lovely! I'm glad they're settling in. :)

That's such a nice space! I had no idea there were breeding clubs that provided areas for keeping chickens. Is this common in Germany? It sounds a bit like having an allotment (vegetable garden) for people with no gardens?

Back
Top Bottom