I will have a family party dinner with my kids + partner of my oldest as soon as its safe / they found a medicine . I haven’t seen my son for 6 weeks now. 😿
We planned to go to Belgium together at the end of may for a few days. But I don’t think this wil happen.

I do hope the borders are open again in July and it’s possible to leave the Netherlands for a summer Holliday with my husband though. Nothing big. Just a 3 week trip with a car an a tent to some place we’ve never been before somewhere in Europe. Depending on the weather and what is possible.

And of course I will enjoy to meet people again without keeping a distance of 1.5 - 2 meter.

I think i will enjoy the most that my work will be normal again. I sell vegetables and fruit on the market. It's unbelieveble how many times i have to ask to keep distance from me and other customers, to were te gloves that we provide and most of them say sorry and listen but some wont and start arguing and discussing the rules with me:barnie we have fewer customers but the days are more tiring

hi you all, I'm new here.
I write from northern italy and here measures are really strict (for a very good reason, but still it's not easy). I'm really grateful I adopted some chickens the past month, exactly the day after we were told we couldn't go out except for buying food or medications, going to work or to the doctor. it has been a blessing: chickens are really cute and keep me busy, I could watch them for hours (never had chickens before!).
I live in a small village in the country, I have no neighbors and I work from home, therefore the only human beings I have seen in the last weeks are people in the supermarket once a week.
there are so many people I'm going to hug when this will be finally over... I can't think about anything else: how much I miss my friends and my family.
hope you are all safe where you are!

I write from northern italy and here measures are really strict (for a very good reason, but still it's not easy). I'm really grateful I adopted some chickens the past month, exactly the day after we were told we couldn't go out except for buying food or medications, going to work or to the doctor. it has been a blessing: chickens are really cute and keep me busy, I could watch them for hours (never had chickens before!).
I live in a small village in the country, I have no neighbors and I work from home, therefore the only human beings I have seen in the last weeks are people in the supermarket once a week.
there are so many people I'm going to hug when this will be finally over... I can't think about anything else: how much I miss my friends and my family.
Welcome!
Glad you're doing ok. I am very grateful for my chickens too... I don't have them at my house.. but I do spend more time with them now as well.

hello @maceleneo ! welcome to BYC :frow
what sort of chickens have you got? someone posted photos they took at a big poultry show in Italy, and a lot of the birds were stunning! and breeds we don't know or have here...

hello @maceleneo ! welcome to BYC :frow
what sort of chickens have you got? someone posted photos they took at a big poultry show in Italy, and a lot of the birds were stunning! and breeds we don't know or have here...
I think they could be black and blue copper marans, but they come from a rescue, so they could be anything. I wasn't interested in a particular breed, I just wanted some chickens around. they all look beautiful to me, even if I found they feathered legs strange! now I would like us to be friends, but they are really suspicious, maybe because they haven't had many contacts with humans before. they have been here since weeks now and I can only stroke 3 on 5... and only when they are eating. I feel like I'm harassing them! I hope I will learn some way to lure them! 😅

I think they could be black and blue copper marans, but they come from a rescue, so they could be anything. I wasn't interested in a particular breed, I just wanted some chickens around. they all look beautiful to me, even if I found they feathered legs strange! now I would like us to be friends, but they are really suspicious, maybe because they haven't had many contacts with humans before. they have been here since weeks now and I can only stroke 3 on 5... and only when they are eating. I feel like I'm harassing them! I hope I will learn some way to lure them! 😅
a few weeks? Wow.. that's great! My chickens took several month and they still did not allow me to pet them. A couple of them just ate out of my hand.

Well guys...I did it... all by myself. Not nice.... and taking all the innards out is hard when you don't know what you are doing. Just cleaned them up properly... my son is burning off the hairy feathers. I'm going to weigh them then.... the one was huge!
The hens seem to be calmer without the roosters... especially from the idiot rooster. They are all in one group now.

Welcome to the madness of chickens! They will be a delight for you in so many ways! Don't be shy here and chat away. Any questions you have, I am sure someone here can help or at least send you into the right direction to find an answer. Looking forward to your stories about you and your chickens!

Back
Top Bottom