Pekin bleeding around shoulder area

And nothing including rats can get through any fencing you have? Any thing like a weasel or mink would just out right kill . And your sure one of the other females isn’t attacking her? Although it’s rare they injure one another like that.

The vet thinks it's Necrodic Dermatitis. He said he's never seen it in ducks, only chickens. He said she has scabs all over her body. When they took her temperature a little blood burst from her belly, and he picked off a scab there and said underneath the skin was fine. He sent me home with antibiotics and hopes that takes care of it the neck and shoulder issue. If it doesn't he said we can revisit skin biopsies and the such, although I'm not sure I'm willing to spend that kind of money. Praying she gets better with the antibiotics and vetercyn. I don't want her to be suffering.

He said he thinks it's uncomfortable, and she was running a little temperature. I know she was stressed from the car ride and office visit. I see her just standing off to the side of the action now in the coop, but before bringing her in she was acting pretty normal. I absolutely don't want her to suffer. The doc said to give the antibiotic a few days and then I should start seeing healing.

possible something immunosuppressive, may be something genetic. Sounds like he was going to do a little research, and might need further testing to determine exactly what it is. He mentioned gangrenous dermatitis as well, which looks horrible and scary. I am so sad this is happening and hope she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom