PEKIN DUCK CAN'T STAND

I wouldn't be mixing the oyster shell into their food. I'm not sure if there are consequences from ingesting too much of a calcium source, but that would be my concern. They're not going to be able to tell the difference between that and their food and I imagine they'll inadvertently be eating more of it than they otherwise would. A free choice dish on the side is plenty. I'm glad to read you've got feed now and the niacin supplement going on :)

@Miss Lydia ,It's good to hear that there's some hope! She's already has the strength to swim and scoot across hay to her nesting spot. Thanks for your guidance!

@Miss Lydia ,It's good to hear that there's some hope! She's already has the strength to swim and scoot across hay to her nesting spot. Thanks for your guidance!
That is awesome @Duckstruck We love to hear this.

Swimming is great to strengthen legs too just don't let her jump in or out of the pool.

Miss Lydia is the BEST.....She knows Ducks....... Welcome to the Duck Threads..:)
She has guided and helped me on my journey into my madness of Duck obsession ......;)

I love Ducks...;)

Best wishes..:)

Last edited:
Another update...

I got some layer pellets today and mixed a little with their scratch feed. Even after medication, the female duck still can't "walk", but I've watched her stand up and stumble over to her nest to brood. She lays an egg everyday! Is there a condition where they lay too many eggs? Is this just her being broody? I've decided to stop taking her eggs, with the thought that she may possibly be straining to replace them, but even after adding the other duck's eggs, she can't get enough. She is sitting on 7 eggs!

I'm already giving her medication (niacin and B complex) in her water and feed... anything that really does the trick?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom