Pekin Duck Club!

Yes please add me! I love my ducks!!

I haven't found a club yet so I figured I would start my own! Pekin duck owners unite! Please feel free to share stories, pictures, breed information and most of all, have fun chatting with others about the comical, chatty and beautiful Pekin Duck!

My beautiful pekin, Soleil <3

I haven't found a club yet so I figured I would start my own! Pekin duck owners unite! Please feel free to share stories, pictures, breed information and most of all, have fun chatting with others about the comical, chatty and beautiful Pekin Duck!

My beautiful pekin, Soleil <3

Just put some on top?
Make a couple of cups of the saline solution, make it lukewarm - not hot or cold. Gently pour it over the wound. Let it trickle on the wound, very gently rinsing it. Do that maybe ten times, just gently pouring it over the eye. She may shake and struggle a little. You may need some help holding her. I would first let her bathe (water only, no soap) in a lukewarm tub of water for half an hour. She will rinse her head while she is in the tub. Then let the saline solution trickle over her eye wound. After that, you may want to dab some antibiotic ointment (without pain reliever) around the eye. A dab as big around as a dime when you squirt it out. Some of that antibiotic may find its way to her skin around the eye.

If you get Vetericyn, it has a sprayer, just lightly mist it over the eye several times.

She's taking her bath right now. She's not drinking like normal I've realized. My ducks have always grunted and make weird noises but it seems like she's kinda breathing heavy. Maybe it's why she's not eating. I have this sinus rinse I use when I have bad allergies. It's sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. I know u use sodium chloride in saline but do you know anything about bicarbonate?

I know that for people, some add sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) to saline solution. Don't know if it is a problem for ducks.

You could make a salt solution, adding salt to warm water.

If her head was bitten, you have some serious injury to help her with.

The topical antibiotic ointment will help, but she is at risk of developing a full-body infection, and so plan to be able to give her oral antibiotics. She may not show signs of that until weekend, when stores are closed, so I would aim to decide what to give her, and get some, before the weekend.

Good job so far, please keep giving her baths and rinses and ointment, I would go for three or four times a day. Yes, it is time consuming, but her life is at stake.

Here bath is over :) sorry for the multiple post. But she seems really happy. She won't stop cleaning herself and her eye Is slightly open. She loves stretching her wings also :) I feel so bad taking her back outside into the cold after being inside in the warmth. :(

Back
Top Bottom