Pekin Duck Club!

I need my husband to build me a coop for my ducks. Can you guys post some pictures of ya'lls to give me some ideas? I have a White Crested with leg problems, so I also need some ideas to keep it easy for Nemo to get around. Thanks so much! :)

We need a duck house too. For now they still sleep in the garage in their old wooden brooder. I picture a sort of dog house, low off of the ground, one nest box on the floor of the house and a wide ramp going up. We will also put a lockable door or make the wide ramp fold able so we can lock down for the night.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/671003/duck-house ideas
smile.png

I haven't found a club yet so I figured I would start my own! Pekin duck owners unite! Please feel free to share stories, pictures, breed information and most of all, have fun chatting with others about the comical, chatty and beautiful Pekin Duck!

My beautiful pekin, Soleil <3
Awesome! This will be great!

Just got 2 week old Pekins a few days ago...
Too cute! Not very social, though. Any tips? Here they are;

First time pekin owner here. Is it normal for three week old ducklings to be squishy? I'm afraid mine may be getting too fat, and would rather be safe than sorry.

Yep, they're fine. Pekins are a meat breed so they are a little on the big side.

And yes, it is very important for them to have a waterer that id deep/big enough for them to dunk their bills and heads, of they might end up with an infection. HOWEVER you don't want it so big that they will try to swim in it and get chilled.

First time duck owner here, too. Excited for this adventure!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom