Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. JFreeman

JFreeman Chillin' With My Peeps

I was surprised how quickly they grow too. My three week old ducklings are giants compared to my six week old chicks.

2. cochins1088

cochins1088 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Southern Minnesota
    I love the names. [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Cute names for some cuties.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Thanks [​IMG]

5. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    Thanks! We tried to think of names for trios and they fit perfect!

6. Two Webbed Feet

Two Webbed Feet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2014
    New Market, AL
    . I bought a larger tub at Tractor Supply that the chick waterer fit nicely in, just a bit larger than the base but about 3" deeper. Making the water deep enough for my girls to dunk there whole heads in but they can't swim in. Was a cheap and easy fix.

7. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    Alright so this is my first time with ducklings.. How early can you tell what gender they are? Ones bigger than the others.. [​IMG]

8. wildsam

wildsam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Radisson, NW Wisconsin
    I had build my duckies a nice house last year but with adding to our quacky family we thought it might be to small.
    So we got a truck topper (the thing that pickup trucks sometimes put on their beds) and fitted that with 2 heat lamps and plenty of straw for the winter, since our 4 chickens didn't wanna leave to go in their pen anymore. They all huddle together under there even now and my Special Pekin is having her nest under there. when we let them out the duckies squish all 8 (! Most of the time only 7 due to one being broody) into the duck house like sardines. Lol. Guess they like the additional head space...

When spring finally comes and stays we plan to rearrange it all, make a big lean-to, build up the topper about 1-2 feet for easier access, and connect the duck house to it. Will post pics when we get there.

Meanwhile I think I got some pics of my duck house in my pictures, but not 100% on that... Just in case u wanna take a look...

9. angeliduck

angeliduck Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2014
    Sydney, Australia.
    So this morning I found an egg in the pond.. and it was soft so didnt think much of it, this afternoon dad found an egg not in the pond but it was also soft. Is thatcjust because it was just recently laid or is stella not getting enough of something in her diet?

10. angeliduck

angeliduck Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2014
    Sydney, Australia.
    Also here are some more photos of them enjoying the rain :) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some eggs! The big one was the size of my Palm and had 2 yolks
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by