Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jaimitastic

jaimitastic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2014

Thank you! I've been searching high and low for niacin but can't find it anywhere. There is a vitamin store near my school that I plan on checking tonight.

I also had no idea about the treats. We'll hold off on those until they are older and outside. I had just been reading about it being a good way for bonding and blindly followed suit. :(

I do have a digital thermometer somewhere. I just need to dig it out.

Ducks are seriously a whole new ballpark. I'm way more accustomed to rodents. :D

2. BattleFires

BattleFires Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2014
    Norvell, MI, USA
    I just got off the phone with the TSC people and they insist it's a Pekin…… I don't really believe them.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Well I don't blame you for not believing them some have posted this year that TSc had no idea what breed of ducks they had, but I do know some went specifically for Runners when they had them there, The store probably didn't know it though.

4. Miss Lydia

Rodents?? oh my goodness I'll stick to poultry thank you.

5. nurseallison

nurseallison New Egg

Mar 26, 2014
    Bethlehem, Pa.
    [​IMG]
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I am a new Pekin owner. My guys are 2 weeks old now. Beezus and Daisy are their names. I also have 6 chicks. I am amazed at how quickly the ducks are growing.

6. JFreeman

JFreeman Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, that was supposed to say "How long do" not "how do." I wasn't going to put them out there because of the brooder thing. I was asking so I can figure out the deadline my DH has before their pen needs to be built. I have a temporary pen made for them to go on nice days that get to 65-76 degrees.

7. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    I would have to agree. It looks like its standing more up right to be a pekin

8. Fernie

Fernie Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] My TSC was suppose to get a batch of Pekins in. They opened the box marker Pekins and it was full of Rouens/Mallards. Luckily that store most of the workers have ducks and chickens, so they knew they were not Pekins.

Every time I go in I offer to take care of the chicks and the ducks free of charge for them. The manager laughs and mentions the rather large pocket of my jacket could hold a "few dozen chicks with out anybody noticing"

Yes, he watches me closely, because he knows I would take the entire tub and run. lol

9. Miss Lydia

Maybe he's hinting he'd like for you to take a few home [​IMG]

10. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]
    My pekin kurly has this bruising on her bill and I'm not sure how she got it. Is there something I need to give her to help with it or...? I'm new to ducks, pardon all my questions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by